laptop cant find hidden network

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
hi we currently have a wireless network in the house which has a hidden SSID. my sisters (vista)laptop is unable to find the network using the standard windows vista wireless drivers. she can connect to the network only when the the hidden SSID setting has been removed. any ideas? I've gotten the latest drivers off the HP website, but to no avail. her laptop is an HP Pavillion dv6529em. any ideas?

*BUMP*

come on guys, this is a simple Vista vs. Wireless problem. neither my sister or i can find a solution to it.

Same here. With my network, I un-hide the SSID when I am adding something, then remove it after it is working, I will re-hide the SSID, and all is good.

we did that, but when she restarted her laptop she was out of the network again. isnt there a more permanent solution? when i had vista on my desktop it didnt have any trouble finding a hidden network.

Do you know what the BEST thing about having 17 certifications when I got them? No Vista. It's GREAT!!! I can decline Vista work all the time! :)

Ok, in all honesty, there is only one big problem with vista and networking ... and it's NOT wireless. This should work just fine. You mean that you can't hide the SSID and then connect to it by typing it in? Remember that SSIDs are CASE SENSITIVE!

You mean that you can't hide the SSID and then connect to it by typing it in? Remember that SSIDs are CASE SENSITIVE!

really? no way! heres another great idea: why dont i turn the laptop on? oh, im such a clown! i know nothing about computers. in fact, i dont even know what a laptop is. why not tell me that as well?

DO NOT jump on Mike. He is one of the most knowlegable network guys here. You do not always know the albility of a poster.

Yeah that was uncalled for. He's just trying to help troubleshoot you and starting off with a common issue that people often overlook. No need to be crass about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom