LAN and USB used simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what operating system? You might be able to set up two different connections and have them connect through different things, so you could have two connections to use instead of only one. Not sure how you make use of that though. Unless you were running something virtually and doing lots of downloading on the virtual machine with one connection and normal use on the system with the other.

In what operating system? You might be able to set up two different connections and have them connect through different things, so you could have two connections to use instead of only one. Not sure how you make use of that though. Unless you were running something virtually and doing lots of downloading on the virtual machine with one connection and normal use on the system with the other.
No VM is used on the system, just Windows XP ME. I just think they connected it with both because they thought they had too, not for any specific reason. Does it affect anything though, should I advise them to use 1 or should I just leave it as both? If they have to use 1, which would be better, LAN or USB?

LAN is MUCH better than USB.
Unplug the usb connection, they don't need it and afaik it won't work with both connections anyway.

I haven't seen a modem that would allow both LAN and USB at the same time. Weird.

definitely interesting and worth remembering. might come in handy to jerry rig something one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom