LAN Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

makinu1der

Solid State Member
I Have this strange problem.I am unable to connect directly to my cable modem but if going through a router it will obtain an IP. I have already checked the DHCP settings to make sure that they are correct. I can connect to the network at the office fine. I need to be able to connect direct cable to my modems in the field. Is there maybe a setting that I have wrong that could be preventing my obtaining an IP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried power-cycling the broadband modem after plugging the host into it?

When you are connected, open a command prompt, and try an
IPCONFIG /release
IPCONFIG /renew

See if that makes any difference.

Are you getting any kind of error messages? Are you being assigned an IP address at all?

If you can connect to your office network with no problem, there may be some settings in the router that need to be moved over to your PC. I'd take a second look and see if any strange things are entered into your router config.

Already tried resetting the modem and opening command window and running the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew. Gives error unable to obtain IP address.

What about your router configuration? Any differences between that and your local config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom