lan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe24

Fully Optimized
right now i got my cable modem goin into my d-link gigabit switch, then my two comps. hooked up to that through ethernet. my friend lives bout 300m from me(next block). the thing is i want to get an antenna hooked up to my modem and get him a wireless network card so he can be on lan with me, is this possible? and what is the best and cheapest way to do it? thanks

You're looking a "cantenna" if you want to pull something like this off. Its real touchy and requires a direct line of sight to your friend's house. (He would also need a similar device on his side for 2-way communication)

Ultimately, there is not "simple" way to make this happen how you are describing.

You could set up a VPN between your two networks if you have the appropriate software. (Assuming you both have dedicated internet access)

Some of my friends who live out in farm areas decided to make this huge tower to distribute internet to all the outlying families.. not sure about the legality of it all, but it sure looked cool :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom