lan pirates using my internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rez

Solid State Member
I currently am using a Linksy's wireless-G router, it also has a Signal booster called the "Hawking". (This way my dad can access the internet with his laptop from the backyard or something by the pool or w/e... but lets get back onto topic.

What I am asking is that, how can I find out who els is shareing my internet? (Like Neighbors ect. ect.)

Any help would be appreciated. (AND SORRY IF THIS TYPE OF POST HAS BEEN ALL READY POSTED)

- ReZ

what i do is log in to my router (by typing 192.168.0.1 into the adress bar) log in and then click attached devices..

there are other ways and programs but i find this way the best :)

Network sniffers are the best, I found a good one a while ago.

However if you have decent networking security you should not be worried

I'm going to assume that it's like my b router, and that you're using DHCP.

Log into the router, click the status tab at the top of the page. At the bottom of the status page is a button labeled "DHCP Clients Table". Click that, and it will tell you how many computers have ip addresses assigned by the router.

I can't log into my router because for some odd reason when i type in my IP Address into the Address bar, nothing happens. Any ideas on whats wrong?

Wait for some reason i am able to log into my router, but it ask for a username/password? but i don;t know what the hell it is...

if you have not changed it is should been

Username : admin
Password: password

Some are different check the web site of tha manufactuerer of your router or the manual if you still have it laying around should tell you whatthe default pass word it. If the default does not work then reset your router. Usualy a button small on the back and then it will change back to the default.

Braingoo said:
Username : admin
Password: password

Not on a Linksys router, unless this has been changed since mine. There is no default username, it's left blank.

I think the default password is "admin123" without the quotes.

(EDIT)

Aiight, cool everything works now. I guess it was admin/admin for the pass and username... WOoooOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom