LAN Driver Problem

Go to your Control Panel=>Network and Internet=>Network Connections
Find your Local Area Connection adapter (either 1 or 2, which ever is active), right-click it and choose "properties".

In Properties, choose IPv4 (look at the 1st picture i attached) and click "properties" again. See the second attached picture, and make sure both the IP address and DNS servers are set to be automatically obtained.

Attachments

• LAN.png
    LAN.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
  • LAN2.png
    LAN2.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 1
OKay - so the issue is you seem to have a bogus default gateway setup. This is either being configured by your router (via DHCP) or manually configured on your network adapter.

Double check your network adapter to ensure it's getting everything automatically (IP and dns).

Edit: Didn't realize Yev beat me to it.

Hi Lexluethar

Not sure what you mean , " do other PC's on the network have this issue? " , when I replied , "Both are selected has auto " in my last post I was answering Yevrag35's post has both boxes on Auto selection have been selected , however for your info if I plug my laptop into the router/modem it works fine , but that is on XP !! .

anyway guys thank you very much for all your help and time , not sure where I go now , I can't keep having to uninstall and install the LAN card every time I use my PC , well I can but it is a pain in the As .

cheers

spike

spike47 said:
Not sure what you mean , " do other PC's on the network have this issue?
Do you have other computers on your network that experience the same problem? If you don't see this issue on your other computers, or don't have any other computers/PC's, we'd like to know. That's what he meant.

Hi Guys

Back again , I think I may have found ( or not ) a bit of info on the fault , I cleared all the logs in admin , then loaded pc up and these 2 screen shots came up Fault 1002 first then Fault 1001 , maybe you can make sense of them ! .

spike

Attachments

• Admin info on error logs 2.jpg
    Admin info on error logs 2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Admin info on error logs 1.jpg
    Admin info on error logs 1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2
Alright, this may actually have something to do with your DHCP server (in other words, your router/modem). Have you reset it lately? On your router/modem, can you assign static IP addresses?

Hi Guys

Thanks again for your time and help , yes I have reset my router , but now I am only getting 1 error in my log as per attached screen shot ! .

cheers

spike

Attachments

• Admin info on error logs 3.jpg
    Admin info on error logs 3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi Guys

I have finally sorted my Internet connection problems , I have got a new Router/Modem and everything is now OK , thank you again for your time and help .

cheers

spike

Back
Top Bottom