LAN Driver Problem

spike47

Baseband Member
HI All

I am having a problem with my Network , when I switch on my PC and it is loading (Windows 7) when it is nearly loaded up there is a small Network icon on the bottom right of the window and it is showing a whirling blue circle then when it stops whirling a yellow ! shows and then I have no internet connection .

what I have to do is go into Device Mgr and uninstall the network adapter then click on "scan for hardware changes" then it finds the adapter and loads it and then the icon goes to a screen then I can connect , I have to do this every time I switch my computer on .

I was using the built in LAN chip , so I purchase a PCI card LAN adapter but it is still the same .

I know a bit about PC's but this has got me beat . any help from our techie friends out there would be great .

thanks Spike

Doesn't sounds like a driver issue. The OS is obviously loading the driver and if you had a driver issue the icon wouldn't show up in the system tray. I guess if there was a slight variation in the driver config the OS might see it but the device wouldn't work, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

What OS are you using?
What does device manager show?
What hardware are you running? Specifically what network adapter.
Have you installed the driver from the manuf. website?

I personally would start off by verifying i don't have a network issue, verify other devices are able to restart without coming back online with network issues.

Hi Leluethar

OS is Windows 7 , device manager shows adapter loaded and ok , adapter is a TPLInk pci card new and with driver , I have the same probs using the onboard LAN chip .

What do you mean by verifying ! .

Cheers

spike

I mean check to ensure the issue isn't your network, opposed to your computer. Do you have any other PC's on your network that are experiencing the same issue? Did you download the TPLink driver from their website?

It almost sounds like either a modem or router isn't giving the computer an ip address UNTIL the OP resets the adapter (by disabling and re-enabling).

Agreed, which is why i was thinking a networking issue. Would be worth seeing what ipconfig shows when you first log into the PC. Also maybe an ipconfig /renew.

Hi Guys

Thank you for your time and help in my problem , I am going to try and post a couple of screen shots I have pasted into a MS Word 2007 page , of my ipconfig results before and after re-installing .

Here is the screen shots og ipconfig on start up , then device mgr , then ipconfig on re-installing .

Attachments

• screen shot 1.jpg
    screen shot 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 6
  • screen shot 2.jpg
    screen shot 2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2
  • screen shot 3.jpg
    screen shot 3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 4
So in the first screen shot its getting a bogus default gateway 0.0.0.0.

Is that when it's not working? During the first screen shot? It does have a valid second IP, but i have a feeling it's not looking for the second.

Back
Top Bottom