laggy internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
ok, for the past couple of days, my internet has been acting wierd. It's been very laggy, I get kicked out of every css server I go to, and my ping is usually in the 200+ range. This is very annoying, even if I stay in a server it's too laggy to play. I have cable internet, but the wierd thing is all the computers downstairs are pretty much lag free when it comes to games.

help please

(I tried resetting the router, repairing connection, disabiling and re-enabling)

do you have wifi or cable. and cable in many areas is very unstable everyone i know that has cable complains about it constently cutting out but that wouldnt explain why every other computer isnt lagging. is it just css that lags and have you tried css on the other computers. these are all questions that need to be answered inorder to diagnose the problem.

We need to know the brand and model of your router. Also have you tried playing CS:S while directly to the cable modem and experienced any lags?

I have cable as I previously stated. It's hard wired, my whole house is, nothing wireless. Css and a few other games I play a lot lag also, like Battlefield 2 (lags more than usual) and a game called maplestory I also play.

EDIT :

@ Law, the model of my router is a sonic wall something, I can't find the model because their website sucks and I had a **** of a time trying to foward my ports, but never could. No, I have not directly connected to my modem, but I would guess it's something to do with this specific computer because my other computers play games with no lag.

That's what I am assuming that it could be your computer, it could be the Ethernet cable, and it could be the router acting up for your connection. So I would suggest playing it directly connected to the modem so that we can eliminate certain things like the router or cable wires or your computer.

Law said:
That's what I am assuming that it could be your computer, it could be the Ethernet cable, and it could be the router acting up for your connection. So I would suggest playing it directly connected to the modem so that we can eliminate certain things like the router or cable wires or your computer.

Well, I think the router ruining the connection is far out of the question. The router hooks up all other computers in the house also, and as I said, they work fine. I will check the ethernet cord, it might be acting up.

Thanks so far!

Well, I tested it out with three other cables to no avail. My problem is still ocurring and still ****in me off.

anything else I can check/do/whatever to resolve this issue? it's really irratating me.

Do you have any firewall/security program running on that computer? Have you done any spyware/virus scans? Change your NIC card?

Even though you might think the router is not the problem, it doesnÂ’t hurt to try and connect that computer directly to the modem just to make sure. Otherwise IÂ’ll be wondering.

Law said:
Do you have any firewall/security program running on that computer? Have you done any spyware/virus scans? Change your NIC card?

Even though you might think the router is not the problem, it doesnÂ’t hurt to try and connect that computer directly to the modem just to make sure. Otherwise IÂ’ll be wondering.

Alright, I'll try the modem out in a little bit, my parents are using the internet for work right now.

I have windows standard firewall running, I have a spyware check every night, but have not done a virus scan in awhile. I don't have an NIC card as the cord connects into the mother board, and I don't have an extra one to expiriment with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom