Lagging on games because of wireless piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
OK first this is my wireless network setup. In my parents room thye have a dell and it is hooked up to a linksys router whihc is hooked up to a dsl modem. You know, the usual. Then i have a linksys usb wireless adapter for my pc and i always play cs 1.6 and i never lag. My brother also has xbox live and he uses a long ethernet cable that goes from his xbox to the router in my parents room. Today my dad wanted to get rid of the ethernet cord that goes half way across the house from my brother room to the router so he bought this. A linksys wireless gaming adapter for xbox.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16873999101

now today when i went on to cs my ping was liek 80 and it usually stays under 30. I went into the server i always go into too so i know it wasn't the server. It's got to be my internet. This is the wirless usb adapter i am using now, but this one has speed booster and mine doesn't.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124158

so my question is what can i do so that i wont lag in cs anymore. Now that me and my brother are both on the wireless network i need something better. Should i buy a new wireless piece or what should I do so that i won't lag anymore. Please i need suggestions, i don't want to buy a new wireless adapter if i dont need to.

i think the internet is slower because you have it split to three devices, my internet is really show, and its just split to my wireless computer, and my parents ethernet computer.

Is this happening when someone else is using the internet? Perhaps someone is using P2P filesharing, or downloading large files.... What type of wireless are you using??

802.11a
802.11b
802.11g

This will help determine if there are any devices that maybe causing some interference that may be causing your lag. Or, perhaps the server you are playing on is having some difficulty.

well, first off i tried it in many servers and they all were lagging with high ping. Also i was playing in a server and then as soon as my brother signed off xbox live my ping went down. So I know that it is definitely his wireless gaming adapter that is causing my lag. One more thing. Me and my bro used to always play on the saem network fine. Before he was connected via ethernet cable and i was connecting via wireless adapter. He would play halo 2 and i would play cs at the same time and i would still have low ping. Now though, since he switched from ehternet to wireless I lag. Before i had wireless and he had direct connetc to router through ethernet cable. Now we are both using wireless and i lag. What is the difference now that makes it lag? Before we would both be on at the same time but all of the sudden since he switched to wireless liek me i lag. I hope i made it a little clearer. Any opinions.

my ping in cs 1.6 always used to be under 30 and i was still sharing internet wiht my bro's xbox live. No he is using aa wirless adaptr liek me and my ping is above 70. Why did it go up? Before we were still splitting the connection so why does it lag now that we are both on wireless networks. Shoudl i buy a new wireless adapter for my pc?

Ethereal_Dragon said:
Is this happening when someone else is using the internet? Perhaps someone is using P2P filesharing, or downloading large files.... What type of wireless are you using??

802.11a
802.11b
802.11g

This will help determine if there are any devices that maybe causing some interference that may be causing your lag. Or, perhaps the server you are playing on is having some difficulty.

OK, my router is wireless B, and my brother's wireless gaming adapter for xbox live is wireless B, but my wireless usb adapter is wireless G. does this help? They are all linksys products as well. Now can someoe help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom