Keeping track of a shared internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowcaster

Beta member
The shop that i work at has three computers sharing an internet connection (dial-up).
We have been running close to our dl limit and want to know which computer is at fault.
Are there any free (or decent demo) applications that will tell me how much each computer is downloading?
I tried using "Net Activity Diagram" but it monitors all the network traffic not just the internet.

If anyone has a solution i would be very greatful.

Was there any way to modify what traffic you were monitoring through the port level. If so, you should place the program on the PC sharing the internet connection and then monitor traffic addressed for port 80 and 21. This would monitor all internet traffic and downloads via http and ftp.

-Mike

The app is on all computers (i thought that i would just take the totals of the computers sharing off the total for the host computer), the problem is that anything that gets sent over the network is added to the totals, the app is rather simple and as such does not really have the ability to monitor seperate ports.
i really need a new app that is made for this purpose so if anyone knows of an app that does this please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom