Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 160GB SATA 8MB Cache - OEM
Asus CRW-5232AS-Quiet 52X/32X/52X CD-ReWriter - Retail
Asus DRW-0804P 8x DVD±R/±RW Drive - Retail
Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU (CA-003-AN)
Corsair 1GB DDR XMS2700LLPT TwinX (2x512MB) Platinum
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail
AVG 6.0.732
Zone Alarm (Free version)

There seems to be something rather wrong with my mobo...ever since I got connected to the internet through a cable modem ive been having trouble. It seems if I put any strain on the connection whatsoever it will hang immediately, this includes running simultaneous P2P applications or even multiple browser windows, or running WMP whilst browsing/downloading. Once a hang has occurred its serious enough that I cannot even bring up the task manager or restart the system. Ive got all the relevant spyware, addware checkers and ive got netlimiter to prevent p2p apps caining my bandwidth but the hangs keep coming. Disconnecting the network cable often however resolves the issue. Possibly connected to all this is a bit of wierdness...it seems my mobo thinks itÂ’s a K8V basic. If I go to the asus sit and get any Deluxe BIOS's my mobo will not recognise them saying they are not compatible, ive tried EZ flash boot disks and the Asus update utility and they all say that deluxe BIOS's are not compatible with my rom id. Ive tried renaming the files and flashing but it still comes up with the same message. I recently decided to flash my BIOS with the original code from the "K8V deluxe" support CD that came with the motherboard only to find that this was also a K8V basic BIOS...I'm a bit confused by all this...but maybe this could be the source of my connection problems as the basic and deluxe K8V's have different onboard NIC's....can anyone tell me what the hell is going on here ? Many thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on all this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom