Just a Question I've been curious about..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
After checking Task Manager under the Windows OS is it possible to acutally get a full 100% Bandwith utilization using a 100Mb Ethernet Cable. I would of thought hypothetically if your ISP supports Fast Speeds like Virgin hear in the UK it may be possible.

The most I've ever seen mine jump to is 5% . Max.

Transfer a very large file over your LAN and you'll max it out.

I'll try that carnage thanks. I have a Ethernet Switch in what all my Cables are routed threw. I don't know much about it TBH but I presume that some sort of configuration is automatic for the Various OS's to recognize each other.

I can see all my Linux OS's on all the systems I have and the two or three Windows OS's I have. Would it be a case of just opening the various folders by selecting the PC in question like my 6300 GT System and transferring a File from my main PC.

I'll try that carnage thanks. I have a Ethernet Switch in what all my Cables are routed threw. I don't know much about it TBH but I presume that some sort of configuration is automatic for the Various OS's to recognize each other.

I can see all my Linux OS's on all the systems I have and the two or three Windows OS's I have. Would it be a case of just opening the various folders by selecting the PC in question like my 6300 GT System and transferring a File from my main PC.

If you have the folders shared, yes. You need to give sharing permissions on the computer that has the folders on it.

If you have the folders shared, yes. You need to give sharing permissions on the computer that has the folders on it.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. I'm still trying to build the energy to pull all my Systems apart and move everything around in this Little Box of a Flat I have so I'll come back to this thread soon enuf.

I'm really getting in to the whole Alien Conspiracy thing and been looking at Videos on you tube quite a lot so I'll have to make time for it.

Yeah I've maxed a 1G link on my home connection. Transferring my Steam library to my server as a backup :tongue:

Yeah I've maxed a 1G link on my home connection. Transferring my Steam library to my server as a backup

Can anyone recommend a Good Server OS for the Server I have. I've got Ubuntu 14.4. on it but it has no GUI and I'm genuinely perplexed as to how to use it.

I know Microsoft done a Windows Home Server OS but since its been retired as of April; I think last year. Or even just an OS for a G4 HP Pro Liant M350 ..

Honestly any OS will do. You're not a large organization, so a dedicated Server OS isn't really necessary.

Honestly any OS will do. You're not a large organization, so a dedicated Server OS isn't really necessary.

This is going to sound so Backward and dumb but I tried to put Windows on it and it just our rite refused to detect the Hardware. Is their any Linux OS's I can burn to CD that will have a GUI I can use for Server purposes.

Like I said, any OS should do.

You just have to install the "server" components, depending on what you want to do.

Ubuntu should have a GUI.

Back
Top Bottom