just got cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
Hi people!!!

i just got my road runner cable with time warner and i love it (so far). Unfortunately, i wasn't home when the cable guy came because i was at work. If anyone in this forum is knowledgeable about the process, please post and help me understand how i get cable. Pls. school me. =) Also, my grandpa told me that the cable guy was looking for a cable box and he couldn't find it. He didn't bother looking any longer and just connected it. the cable guy said that i am getting signal so it's okay to connect it without the box. he said to call time warner if i drop signal or something. can someone please explain this situation to me and please give comments. Thanks a bunch!!!

Also, what softwares do you guys think i should purchase for pop up blocks and other things i should worry about.

Thanks again.

how do i know if my signal is low? since cable is not dedicated, how low is low signal? they said to call when i have low signal. =T

Generally if the signal is low, your cable internet will not work.

If your Internet connection stops working, you can try unplugging the power from the modem and then plugging it back in.

If it doesn't work after that, you might have a signal problem.

Thanks for the info.

Well, what is this "cable box" this cable guy is talking about though? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom