Joining a domain controller to the SYSVOL replica set

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcr4nf

Baseband Member
I posted about a week ago with a problem involving my FRS since then I have found the problem and am curious if anyone knows how to join a domain controller to the SYSVOL replica set. I know this may be an obscure problem but if anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated. I'll be here all day so if you need more info just ask.

JasonChristopher

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296183/

That artical may be of some help. if not give alittle more detail about your prob, i didnt catch your post about your previous issue. and what exectaly is your set up. how many DC's and whats OS is your server and stuff like that. the longer the post the better.

We're basically trying to set up the File Replication Service on 3 2000 Domain Controllers. At first I thought I had it set up wrong because there really isn't much literature on it. But then I saw that there were errors in the FRS log that were causing it to stop the service. The problem was with SYSVOL, I did some research and found an article that explained how to narrow down the problem but couldn't find anything that explained how to fix what was going on. Basically the problem was that none of the DCs were members of the replica set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom