Java Chatroom Ban - Complete "n00b" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowledge

Baseband Member
Okay, short version is I got banned from a Java Chat Room and want to know how the ban works. (not looking for hacks or anything, just more information)

The Java Chatroom in question use's SigmaChat v7.x from Raidersoft (I think thats right).

I got banned, but it has been over two weeks... Plenty of time for a "temp ban" to go out of effect I would think...

I tried a Proxy server to change my IP address, and tried to log on then, and that didnt work... (I did use a different user name)

I also tried to clear my cookies out of my browser, and then used a complete different browser....

My question is how in the hell am I still banned when I changed my IP address, my nick name for the chatroom, and cleared my cookies? What other kind of ban's are there?

TIA for info, and please excuse the kind of silly (I got banned from a chat room and now I want help) thread :)

Being as the chatroom is written in java it makes getting your real IP address a lot easier, whether you go through a proxy or not, since the java applet that makes up the website is running on your local virtual machine.

fitzjj, Ahh okay. Thanks for the info...

HAVOC2k5, I did... many many many times... But the head guy doesnt respond to me. I think he just has it in for me, even though I did nothing wrong. (really, I'm not just saying that)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom