Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Generals / Zero Hour - USA vs. China vs. Global Liberation Army

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

geniusboy

Solid State Member
Does anyone know how to setup an itunes server in windows or how to share your itunes playlist over the internet (in Windows)?

Geniusboy:cool:

Part of the point behind iTunes is that it's anti-piracy.

If you've downloaded songs from iTunes, you can't open them up to be shared by others. They will have to buy their own copies from iTunes.

yeah but Itunes allows you to stream your playlist over the local network. I just want to be able to expand that to the internet. I don't want to give any one my songs.... just the ability to play them from my server. Linux, I know has a server setup for that.... but I didn't want to go that route.... I want a Windows solution.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. The program is ALREADY BUILT TO ALLOW you to stream music to anyone in your LAN or WAN - whether your network is 2 people or 20,000 everyone has access to your playlist. I just want to be able to make it so that I can access my playlist from work by streaming it to the internet instead of just my local network. GOT IT?

So does anyone have a solution out there?

About shared music

If your computer is connected to any other computers over a local network (and in the same subnet), and you are using iTunes 4.5 or later, you can share the music in your library and playlists with up to five of those computers. You choose the items you share in the Sharing pane of iTunes preferences.

When you play a shared song, it's streamed over the network to your computer. You can listen to it, but you can't add it to your library or playlists, transfer it to an iPod, or burn it on a CD. You can tell if a song is shared by selecting the song and choosing File > Get Info. If the Kind is "remote" (in the Summary pane), it's a shared file.

You can share spoken word content that you purchase from the iTunes Music Store, but you can't share Audible spoken word content downloaded from Audible.com, or QuickTime sound files. Sharing is intended for personal use only.

Note: If any shared music was purchased from the iTunes Music Store, you can only authorize five computers to play those music purchases.

You can also share a playlist with friends by publishing it as an iMix on the iTunes Music Store. Visitors to the Music Store will be able to see the songs listed in your playlist and play a song preview for any track in your playlist that's also available on the iTunes Music Store.

dude...

you are driving me up a wall. What is your problem. Does anyone ELSE have a SOLUTION?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom