ISA server and accessing the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
We installed a our new server. It's Windows SBS 2003 Premium .

We have instaleld the ISA server. However when any of the workstation access the internet, I get the following error message.

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Open the Web site home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Web site home page.
403 Forbidden - The ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)

Now this sounds like we got some issues with permissions. We had added all the users to have permission to go to the internet. However the ISA server is thinking otherwise.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

I'm not quite familiar with Microsoft ISA, but can the client ping the website that they are trying to access like www.google.com?

ping www.google.com
ping yahoo.com

Does ping work?

*Edit*

Also it's a good idea to ping the IP address of the web site first, just to make sure if the ISA is not resolving the FQDN correctly. This should help determine lower layer connectivity.

One more thing..you also have to check if the ISA can get online, one of the important thing is to see if the ISA can actually get online before the clients can.

It turned out that I needed to install some time more on there. And it working now.

The only problem i got now is that I can not get Firefox to work, and the boss's attitude is that "You don't need firefox"
(Over all that's his personal bias talking there as he really has not sat down and used the problem)

If you're using the web proxy service, which you would be if you have the web proxy client or selected the firewall option during installation..just make sure in Firefox option that "auto detect proxy for this network" is check if it's use to auto listen. This option I'm referring to

http://www.isaserver.org/images/tutorials/isa_clients_part1/image002.jpg

Or you can always manually enter it in Firefox option/General>Connection Settings, try that for Firefox and see if it works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom