Ipv6 source address configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddoberloh

Beta member
Hello. I am working on some software and was wondering about ipv6 configurations. I have two network adapters. One is a virtual adapter, and one is the actual connection to the Internet. When i send packets (pinging at the moment), it uses the virtual adapter as the source. For simplicitys sake, i would like the source to be the ip from the actual adapter connected to the internet. How would i configure this?

I understand that, but i want my computer to choose the second ip from the adapter connected to the internet by default. Is this done in netsh.exe?

I understand that, but i want my computer to choose the second ip from the adapter connected to the internet by default. Is this done in netsh.exe?

***fix***

I might have worded my question wrong. I want, without doing the -S command on the ping, my computer to choose the second adapter by default for the source address everytime. I know it has something to do with prefix policies but every config i have set up hasnt worked...

link:
Wired and wireless network connection problems in Windows

Make sure the correct network adapter is being used

Some computers might have multiple network adapters. For example, if you bought a new desktop computer and during the purchase you upgraded to a different network adapter, you most likely have an onboard network adapter (a network adapter built onto your computer's motherboard) as well as a secondary network adapter inserted into an available slot in the computer. You can verify this by looking for two network ports on the back of your computer. (Network ports look like large phone jacks.) Laptops normally have just one network port unless you're using a USB network adapter.

Follow these steps to check for and set the correct network adapter as the default.

To set the default network adapter in Windows 7
1.Click the Start button , type "view network connections," and then click View network connections.
2.If multiple network adapters are installed, the default adapter will have a check mark and be labeled "Default."

3.If the correct network adapter is listed as disabled, right-click it, and then click Enable.

4.If the wrong network adapter is listed as the default, right-click the correct device, and then click Set as Default Connection.

5.Close the network connection dialog box, and then test for a network connection.

To set the default network adapter in Windows Vista
1.Click the Start button , type "network and sharing center" in the search box, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
2.In the left pane, click Manage network connections.

3.If multiple network adapters are installed, the default adapter will have a check mark and be labeled "Default."

4.If the correct network adapter is listed as disabled, right-click it, and then click Enable.

5.If the wrong network adapter is listed as the default device, right-click the correct device, and then click Set Default.

6.Close the networking window, and then test for a network connection.

To set the default network adapter in Windows XP
1.Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2.If multiple network adapters are installed, the default adapter will have a check mark and be labeled "Default."

3.If the correct network adapter is listed as disabled, right-click it, and then click Enable.

4.If the wrong network adapter is listed as the default device, right-click the correct device, and then click Set Default.

5.Close the networking window, and then test for a network connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom