iPod Touch Wireless Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzaguy

Baseband Member
Hey all, I recently bought and ipod touch 2nd generation with all my christmas money, and cannot connect to my wifi connection. The connection comes from my modem/router and is linked up to an aerial that is like a metre long, my mums laptop links up to it perfectly fine with a speedy connection.

Now I know the iPod does not have as good aerial or whatever as a laptop as it is a handheld device, but I have connected to it once before in the garage (where the connection is coming from) and I loaded a Youtube video fine.

I downloaded an application called "WiFinder" basically, it searches for nearby wifi connections. I have picked up my connection and the strength ranges from 0-35 everytime i press refresh on the application, sometimes it says "no connections in range" even though it was on about 30 strength 2 seconds ago...

I don't know why this is and when I have 1 or 2 signal bars out of 3 lit up, I press connect and I get the message "Unable to connect to (*my connection*)." Then a dismiss message box.

I'm pretty sure I have entered the WEP code correctly, as I have already used the connection before in the garage as I've said.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this is?

Thanks v. much for reading. :D

perhaps faulty wireless in the ipod. Try going to a friends house and connecting to their wireless network. If you cannot connect there it must be a problem with the device.

So, it's not my iPod, works at my mates house, he's got an open connection. So how come it's not working at my house?

Does anything else work with your connection (laptop, PDA, desktop, gaming console, etc)? It could be a router problem. Try changing the channel on your router.

Ok, my dad's phone works on our wifi connection so does my mum's work laptop.

I have two things to try that I have picked up in various places:
1. changing the setting from b/g to g only
2. changing the channel like you just recommended.

Thanks for the suggestion I will report back here. Oh and btw, in frustration the other day I held down my routers reset button and it messed up our whole connection, taking my dad several hours to sort out again...will changing the channel or b/g to g affect any other things on our network?

Thanks. :)

Channel will not but if any devices are using b and you switch it to g only those devices will not be able to connect. Only an issue if you have older wireless equipment.

Ok, thanks. I will first try using a different channel. it is on channel 11 now, any channel that you recommend?
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom