IP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you at in the world? I think it depends on the location and such, but then there is the burden of proof...

i live in cumbria.....UK
ya. the burden of proof ! ! ! how do you? and is it a waste of time !!

can you change the port that the game is on?
Can you ask the guy Y its not working? What if someone else setup a server? does it work for them?
Can your friend dial in to your modem?

As for whether or not its legal. that would depend on the service contract... For example, I have to use DSL for broadband access if I want to host anything as our cable provider prohibits servers on their net...

i think i can change the port setting. if its simalar to rune then yes, i had a word with my isp, asked him if he had changed anything the reply was "no" but i dont belive him.
My mate lives 5 mins away from me but has not got broadband.when i join his server the game laggs real real bad because he has a 56k modem since iam on wireless broadband, when he joins my server he gets a really good ping and no lagg.
this was working good for a week, everynight no problem, same game,same ip, same settings, now nothing.
My mate can ping me still, thats not a problem, so if he can ping me why cant he join my game?
been reading up about MAC and modem address, i maybe try and change his modem address but unsure how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom