IP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

soke

Solid State Member
ok guys ... i have a wee problem!
iam on a Lan wirless broadband network.
i have internal and external ip......
i gave my mate my external ip so he could join my server for gaming, it worked well for a week.
then it stopped, my ip is the same, could my isp stop certain ips getting onto his LAN network?
(i live in a small village, i know the guy who set up network, he is a right twat with a massive chip on his shoulder, and he hates me). so on this basis can he stop certain IPs from entering his network? and if he can? how can i get round it, and it it leagal?
thanks soke

Well, for starters....why doesn't your friend create the game and then you join.....certainly, this cat can't stop you from certain IP addresses (which, I don't think is the case) but none the less, it's an option.

-Mike

he would but hes on 56k, the game really laggs out.
it just odd how he could join my server, everynight for a week and play happy with no lagg and no connection interupt.
now we try, nothing!
any ideas ! ! !
thanks Soke

Mikegroovin is right... your ISP shouldn't be able to block your friends IP especially since every time he connects to the internet his IP address will change.

What errors does he get?

ya he can ping me in dos.......
but only my external ip........
not my internal........
ok we play enemy territory....... when he conects to me, all it says is conecting....... thats it !! he waits for 5 mins, stays the same. it is the same for all my games..... i know my server does not show up in master server because i have internal and external, but why work for a week then stop? we change nothing.
my ip is the same everytime, would you like it? or is that a stupid thing to give out, hackers etc?

Never put out your IP in public.... ;)

Do you have any firewall installed on you machine? If so which.....this may be an issue... Check the logs to see if who it has been preventing from entering.

In the meantime... tell your friend to delete all cache and cookies from his system.

ok will do....
no i dont run a firewall .......
but will try the cache and cookies
only AvG anti virus

thanks guys
soke

well, if what this guy is saying is true, it would be possible to block the range(specific IP's released to Dialin accounts) that this friend comes from, or even the MAC address of his PC. IT's not that hard, and being that it's a small area, the ISPs probably know everything to do this with ease. Something to try would be to install an new modem on the friend PC, and if you can connect, this is probably the case...
Good Luck

many thanks......
i have my old modem, i will try it in my mates computer.
if this is the case, wont he just do the same again?
and is it legal to do this, r they not ISP guidelines or regs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom