ip forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

poipo

Baseband Member
I have 2 computers right here.

One computer has 2 NICs and is bridging the connection to the other. Is there anyway i can forward the ip to the bridged computer? I want to do this for webserving purposes...

i think you could try this and just modify the ip and ports to fit your needs. This is assuming you have ICS setup. If you dont there should be apps out there that do port forwarding for you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309524

To add the service mapping that will allow PPTP traffic to be passed to an internal host:
Double-click Network Connections in Control Panel.
Right-click the Internet connection (which is also the connection where ICS is enabled), and then click Properties.
On the Advanced tab, click Settings.
In the Services box, check to see if there is an Incoming Connection VPN (PPTP) entry. If so, click this service filter, and then click Delete. This entry is maintained by the Incoming Connections Wizard, so the settings that are configured for this service filter will be returned to default values for the local host each time you run the wizard.
Click Add.
Fill in the Service Settings form as follows:
Description of Service: Internal PPTP server
Name or IP: <IP address of internal PPTP server, for example: 192.168.0.12, or enter the name of the PPTP server, for example: PPTPServ.MSHOME.NET>
Protocol: TCP
External Port number for this service: 1723
Internal Port number for this service: 1723
Click OK to complete the configuration, and then click OK to exit the Advanced Settings dialog box.
ICS should now be configured to allow clients on the Internet to connect by using PPTP to the internal VPN server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom