IP Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerio

In Runtime
WOW....i can't stand this anymore.....Okei...please everyone help me with this problem.....

I have this wireless router Linksys model : BEFW11S4 4port switch, my desktop has a LAN connection to the router.

My desktop works just fine, ( there are currently 2 desktops with wireless cards and three additional laptops on this wireless network) but my laptops keep saying : There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network.

Do you think there are to many computers? Or could this be a a problem with my Cable Broadband Provider?
One note the router is currently located in the basement and the computers are located in various locations throughout the house including two setup in a home office in the basement.
I use WinXP home edition...

Thank you! Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Did you happen to set any static IP's on your network?

How often does this happen?

If you set a static IP w/in the DCHP range, you will get conflicts.

Wireless problem

I use automatic IP's.....
Everything now is working, but after while the computer show me that there is signal but when i open the browser i dont see anything....i have to go and push the power out and in to start again and open pages.....

All the wireless router lights are on....

Any suggestion?

Wireless setup

Hi, can someone tell me the perfect setup for me....
I have 5 wireless computers and one desktop (LAN) connected right to the wireless router befw11s4 LinkSys.

I use IP's automatically

Number of Address: ?
Client Lease Time: ?

Static DNS 1: ? i don t know if i need this???
Static DNS 2: ?
Static DNS 3: ?
WINS: ?

Well, my setup is basic...i did change anything....I m having problems like i said before....start well but later just stock and i can t open anything....

I dont have secury wireless, do you thing that if i change and security my wireless will work better or doesnt matter...

Thank you

P.S: If a change my lease time to 9 or higher number, when i click to see my network connection / properties , my lease time expire in 1 ou 2 days.... weird!!!

sorry..to much right....
Hey...thanks

always setup security for your wireless :) .

Now can 2 computers connect ok ? or is it when you start to add more? could be you havnt setup your router to have so many IP addresses, normally it has a range such as 192.168.5.1 - 192.168.5.5 so it`ll give 5 pc`s an IP address.

You should try turning off all computers, then add one each time to the wireless network. If its working ok then keep adding until you get the problem.

turn off the DCHP, this disable the automatic ip addressing. Then you can uninstall the TCP/IP and reinstall it using a manuel ip configuration. This way your ip address won't conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom