IP adresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendell

Banned
I'm not sure if this forum is for professional computer experts or just for anyone and I don't have a great deal of computer knowledge so feel free to mock, insult and generally abuse me in any way you want.

Anyway, i'll just ask my question:

I have AOL broadband access but I'm trying to find a way to repeatedly change my IP address (As it would appear on forums) at will. As far as I know, AOL broadband already runs through proxy servers and this apparently made it impossible for me to use the various IP hiding programs I downloaded.

Can anyone help me find a way to change my IP adress while using my AOL connection?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sendell

First of all, if you are trying to use different IP address all over the place, it makes me think that you are doing something devious. If you are, shame on you:( If not, then carry on.

Anyways, you probably get your IP address from a DHCP server which is under the ISPs control, therefore you get a dynamically assigned IP address everytime you go to log onto their network. Therfore, you cant change your IP address and keep your internet connection.

That is all I will tell you, unless you clarify why you need to change your IP address a bunch of times. If you are being banned from a forum, and cant rejoin because your IP has been blocked, then perhaps it was for a good reason.

Paranoid quasi-technophobe parents who are concerned that my brothers and I might be traced over the internet. They don't exactly know how IP stuff works and are only letting us use the internet (Edit: forums and discussion board type things) if we have another few layers of protection. I try to reasno with them but they say the would feel more comfortable with additional anonymity online.

Just purchase a router with a firewall and explain to your parents you are protected from the outside world with this little device :)

Actually I specifically wanted to become an unbannable troll but I got better advice from another, better, forum.

Goodbye.

woot6600GT said:
WTF. Good looking out Elbatrop. Looks like this foo was up to no good, eh?

Thanks. I guess my instincts came in handy on this one. Be that a lesson to all you devious TFers! Elbatrop1 is on the lookout for scheming bad guys!!!!!

Lol. Unfortunately it looks like he obtained the requested information from an alternate source. A wannabe Tech-Forums with some members who apparently weren't quite as perceptive as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom