IP Adress probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
i have 2 computers, one running windows 2k server, the other running windows 2k pro, this is the TCP/IP properties window on the LAN Connection for the workstation, here are the following specs for the server, i cant seem to get a connection can anyone make a diagnosis?

server: IP Adress: 192.168.1.100
subnet mask: 255.0.0.0
default gateway: 192.168.1.100

preferred DNS Server(i dont know wat this is so i just put in random numbers

alternate DNS Server 111.111.111.222

tell me if im doing something wrong(i once had it working but i cant remember how i had it configured but the dns server adresses were the constand ones and twos) all i want to do is share a printer between 2 computers and some drives, thats all i want it for, thanks for any help in advance

is this just a simple network between two computers? or do you have some device connecting the two?
you really don't need anything but two unique computer names for file and print sharing. For simplicity sake, take out everything except for the ip address and subnet mask...you really don't need these either...but just for organizational purposes....have one computer be 192.168.1.100 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and have the other one be 192.168.1.101 with the same subnet mask. You do not need a gateway address or dns addresses unless you plan on getting on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom