Ip address!!! :'( cs server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettshizzal

Beta member
Im trying to run a Dedicated Server for counter-strike:source and.. the ip address is always 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:27015 or 168.xxx.xxx.xxx:27015 I want my IP to be accessable for others that arent on my LAN so maybe like a 68.xxx.xxx.xxx:27015 I running Comcast Cable and a D-LINK DI-604 and I just wanna know how to set it up so the IP's work outside the house... thanks. :D .... MSG me on aim or post here doesnt matter but I need this pretty quick :) any help will be appreciated.

that doesnt look like your IP is static. you need to sort that out with your ISP otherwise you;ll need to tell everyone the IP of your server everytime you shut it on and off.

For Win2000 or WinXP
Click on Start
Click on Run
Type: cmd and then press enter
Type in ipconfig and press enter
Verify if user is receiving a valid IP Address – If Not
Type ipconfig /release and press enter
Then type ipconfig /renew and press enter
Wait until the renew finishes and Verify if user received a valid IP back
Check for connectivity

For Win95, 98, & ME
Click on Start
Click on Run
Type: winipcfg and then press enter
Select the Ethernet adapter from the drop down menu
Verify if user is receiving a valid IP Address – If Not
Click Release All, then Click Renew All
Click on OK and check for connectivity (Valid IP)

I am guess that you are actually seeing your IP as 192.168.XXX.XXX etc. this is a non internet routable address so it sounds like you are NATing your internet address to the real IP your IP assigns to you, is this correct?
If this is the case you will need to setup a form of port forwarding in your internet router that will translate your real internet IP (currently assigned to your router) to the internal 192.168 IP address of your server.
This is usually easy to do :)

if you are receiving the default 169 type address this usualy implies that you are receiving no IP address at all, the 169 type address is the default assigned by windows when no DHCP address or static IP is configured... check your cabling and make sure everything is happy on your network

As langers said, yes you will need to access your router ( http://192.168.0.1 if it's a linksys but check your user manual for the actual IP if that isn't it ) and access a feature called "port\IP forwarding." That tells the router that if any computer outside attempts to access that data, then it will forward it to your internal address on your LAN.

You mean this???? i dont know how to configure this... maybe you could post wat i need to type the server will run off of Port 27015

LOOK AT THIS SCREEN SHOT!!! please :)
newbitmapimage1rr.jpg

I will help ya with settings on this a bit later. You can add me to my msn or aim which should be in my profile.

I am going to port foward a CS server in a DI-514 which is basicly the same as yours.

That page is similar to mine, so I would bet you click on the radio button "Enabled" to enable port forwarding (a.k.a. virtual server, I guess).

The fields on the top let you create new virtual servers (i.e., new firewall rules). You'll need to add (at least) one for CS.

The Name is just any name you want to appear in that list you see at the bottom. It's there so you'll later know why you added it. Try something like "CS Server Setting 1" for that.

Private IP is the IP address of the machine you are hosting the server on. That's the 192.168.x.x address you have.

Protocol is TCP, UDP, or Both - at least on mine. CS uses UDP, but you can try Both is DLink has that.

Private port is the port number you run CS at on your internal server machine. 27015 is fine.

Public port is the port you want the rest of the world to contact your CS server on. 27015 is probably expected.

Click the radio button "Always" unless you want to set up a schedule.

Press Apply to add the new rule to the list.

You might have to check it to turn the rule on or maybe that's done automatically when you hit Apply.

For CS, I think you might need to port forward 27020, too as well as 27015. It seems that I had to do that. Just add a second rule like "CS Server Setting 2" and enable it.

Browse to WhatIsMyIP to find out what your pubic IP address is. If you are using dynamic IP addressing with your ISP, which I think you are, that will change from time to time. This is the address that you tell your friends to connect to.

If DJ-Chris has a DLink router, he can probably give you more specifics. What's above should be close.

B34ST1Y said:
As langers said, yes you will need to access your router ( http://192.168.0.1 if it's a linksys but check your user manual for the actual IP if that isn't it ) and access a feature called "port\IP forwarding."
i've tried to do this but i can't get into the site in order to configure anything! why won't it let me in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom