IP Address Conflict ...Repeated Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hello, I have posted a thread about this awhile ago and now I am back. I get an error message saying Windows - System Error "There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network". I never touch the network wires or anything but all of a sudden it does this. The internet can run fine for a week then boom this thing bugs me ALL day long. I cannot access the internet. It is getting to the point where it is pissing me off. I have gone to run > ipconfig /renew. It is not helpful as it used to be. I've done it numerous times yet it still shows this error.

I've made sure that all plugs and wires were connected tight, but apparently this isn't the problem. The other computer on the network runs fine.

It probably has something to do with DNS server giving 2 of more computers the same IP on your network. you can change it in TCP/IP properties to where you can have have a Static IP config. where you set the IP of one computer.

maybe your internet connection is being stolen by someone around your community. that's happened to me a few times and it's simply becasue another device in your network has the SAME IP addy.

(I have a wirless LAN @ home and although I'm firewalled, people still manage to steal my connection) BE CAREFUL! I would assign each device you have to either a specified IP addy or the MAC (media access device) number, this way only certain devices can use your network.

but not too long, the more you have open the more gateways MUTHA ****AZ can access your connection.

also, you can always use WEP-key security. Kinda like a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom