internet and wifi issue (answers needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry i am not so great with punctuation i said altho it was hard to read. is there away to keep my laptop connected to my wifi with its security that was set up wpa and use the laptop while its still connected to the wifi and have it make its own source wifi from the laptop so i can just have a wep for my gadgets that dont work for wpa security?

Okay.

I think what you are saying is you want to use your laptop as an access point and circumvent security?

Even if there is a way of doing this, that is a ridiculous idea, because if your laptop is broadcasting your encrypted signal unencrypted then anyone can leech.

Your best way of making it so your devices that don't support WPA can access the wifi is to make it a WEP...if they support that.

well its not like i wanna get around it i wanna keep it on when i create another security that excepts my devices basicly im tryin to get around a wpa security i kno the code and everything but my devices wont work with it and its unchangeable. i just need to make something connected to the laptop while still accessin it to make a wep security for anything else i may need.

-EDIT-

i wanna make another wifi on my laptop that is wep i am incapable of changing the security for the isp provided router (i looked for weeks on this)

-EDIT-

i am really trying hard to explain this and appreciate any and all help

The only way I could see it working would be to use ICS (Internet connection sharing).

You could receive internet on your wireless connection and share it through you wired connection via the use of a switch. You would not want to rebroadcast it wirelessly because it would defeat the purpose of the encryption.

Edit:
i wanna make another wifi on my laptop that is wep i am incapable of changing the security for the isp provided router (i looked for weeks on this)

Call your isp and ask them how to change it or tell them you just want a modem and buy your own router to share it as you wish.

well even done wireless again im still gonna use en encryption just a different one that works for me. just need to know how to set it all up.

well it goes desktop--wpa wifi--laptop i would like to make something like this desktop---wpa wifi---laptop that sends wep wifi---devices work doing this way laptop would still get internet and anything connected to my laptop with the wifi would also connect to the internet. (comtrend ct-5361t)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom