Internet on Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankush09

Daemon Poster
Hey, i'm going on a trip to India in a couple of days. And one major thing is, that I need mobile, wireless internet. I'm taking my laptop, and I have two options. Connecting my cell phone with a data cable to my laptop and using GPRS through the cell phone provider, which is fairly easy, or, buying a PCMIA data card, putting it in my laptop, so it can connect to a wireless provider throughout the country. The data cable would be the cheaper thing to do, and I just have to get a SIM from there and put it in my phone, and I've got internet on my laptop. Which do you guys think is the better option?

Well your second idea has a proper name, i forget what it's called but it's far better in the long run

And as a warning, the net backbone in India is total crap

second idea as the phone connected to laptop via data cable? yes, thats what I was thinking of doing. I know im only gonna get 144kb down, but i can last it, as long as it works throughout the country, which I know it will, because I know somebody who did this before. The price is good too, .50RS/minute. 100rs for 200 minutes, and 100rs equals 3.5 canadian dollars. If i want a 3mb down broadband connection Its only gonna be for home, and I will have to sign up, which I dont want to do because I'm not staying there for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom