Internet troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fath1

Beta member
I have been having some weird connectivity issues. If anyone could help i would appreciate it very much!
What happens is:
I use my computer and go away for a while. When i come back and click on Firefox or IE depending on what i am using. When i try to browse it gives me a page cannot be found error (same error is showed in IE and Firefox). Now what stumps me is if i stop using the internet and keep playing World of Warcraft (which yes uses internet) the same thing will still happen but WoW keeps working. The only solution i have discovered is a temp fix where i repair the connection. The internet then works for a while and if i leave and come back i have to repair again for it to connect. Yes i am connected to the internet through a router. It has only occurred within the last month or so. It also happens on my other computer that i have connected to the LAN. Now i am still able to connect to other computers/storage systems on the network but that is because the D-Link is plugged into a Hub ( we don't use the D-Link as the hub).
If anyone can give me some ideas that would be helpful.

I am using Microsoft XP SP2.

PS. the reason i have not updated to SP3 was when i originally did it caused major lag in a lot of my online games.

You could try manually setting an ip address and default gateway on your computers. Take a look at the ip address/default gateway your pc has now, and just set those manually.
If you don't know how to do that, it's in network connections.

OK. i know where to find those in Network Places but i do not know where i adjust them once i am there.

Try running a DNS flush.
Click Start > Run > Type CMD

Run these commands.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Let us know.

Tkey

Oddly it hasn't happened for a day or two now. so i may have somehow accidentally got rid of the problem.

PS. @tkey i believe when you hit repair in network connections for my LAN it clears the DNS stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom