internet stops working with azureus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
my internet runs fine all the time until i open azureus.. it will work for about 15-20 minutes then all my torrents go to 0kb/s and nothing internet related works... i have to reset the modem for it to work again. any ideas how to fix this? thanks in advance

Hello,

Are you using a router? If so, what router are you using?

If you're using a router which doesn't have UPnP, you must ensure that the relevant bittorret ports are opened manually on the router, otherwise the router will freeze / crash.

Step by step instructions on port configuration for specific routers and specific applications can be found here: PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

If you are using a software firewall, ensure that azureus is not blocked and that the relevant bittorrent ports are opened.

yeah i'm using a linksys wireless router, but my comp is wired, and sorry for the question, but how would i find that out? lol

Hello,

You'll need to open the relevant bittorrent ports on your Linksys router.

What model number is your router? You can find out by checking out the label on the underside of the router. Post back the model of your router.

Find out the model of your Linksys router . Next, go to: PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall and click your router's model number under the Linksys list, then on the proceeding webpage, find and click on 'Azureus' in the applications list. Follow the step by step instructions.

I had this problem, I think its more the ISP being ****ed off with the amount you are downloading.

Sometimes it crashes..then like 2 weeks later..it hasnt crashed once and none of my router settings or anything have been changed.

Who is your ISP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom