Internet Stops Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thEdumBoNe

Solid State Member
Hello everybody I am new to this forum.

I have Windows ME( upgraded from Windows 98)

I have a USB Ethernet Adapter (HUF11) From hawking technology. I have a DSL connection along with a Linksys wireless router.

The problem is , when I am surfing the web , in a matter of minutes or seconds the HUF11 drops my connection. I have to unplug the HUF11 and plug it back in for it to work for another few seconds than do the same thing over and over again.

Im trying to figure this one out. I know its not my modem or router because i have 3 gaming consoles that run off it and a HOME PC ( which i am typing this on)

Please help a fellow out.

Thanks.

The other 3 host, are they connected wireless too? I would think that the USB card isn't that reliable. Here's some solution, try changing the channel/frequency on the router. Check the powerscheme for the adapter, any setting that could interfere? Try assigning the computer a static IP address.

Wow thanks for the fast reply, what great service!

anyways.

the other 3 host are directly connected through the router. No problems , just a little laggy with the gaming consoles, (well what do you expect, its DSL connection but I dont mind it) this USB connector is direct to the Router I disabled wireless. How do i assign the computer a static IP adress and How do i check the powerscheme for the adapter?

again thanks for taking the time I really wanna get this figured out.

Whoops I thought this USB device was a wireless adapter, but I took a look at it and I was wrong so forget about the channel/frequency.

What is the brand and model of your router?

Hey quick question

I actually just upgraded to ME because I thought it would be better USB support but it's the same.

Is it ok if i uninstall it and go back to Windows 98?

The firmware is updated i updated it to the recent version awhile ago. It cant be the router. It could be windows or bad USB adapter. I could go wireless though but usually dont you need the windows disk to install usb adapters and other usb hardware I only have a windows 98 FE disk. the ME disk is a upgrade.

To save all the hassle, Ill just go buy a Network card from bestbuy, there probably a few sales out there. i saw one that looked really cheap and it support almost all OS from 95 all the way to XP. So ill just save 20 days of annoyance and go use 20 bucks to buy it.

Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom