internet stick wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys,

ive got this

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=support&cat=USB_STICK_120

and when i plug it in one of the usb ports it auto install and i click nect nect nect and finish then it asks me to reboot so i do and when it loads up windows again it comes up with the tmobile program splash screen and it trys to initialise it but the splash screen is on there for ages and it says initializing so i give up after a while as it shouldnt take that long to initialise so i reboot system and when it loads windows again i open the tmobile desktop exe and it opens eventually but it doesnt say your now connected to the internet and it doesnt show your speed and how long your connected to the internet for and it should instead it just shows a blank box and when i try to click on the icons, they dont open so dont work

the specs of the pc are way above the min specs it requires, the specs of the pc are:
P4 3.0Ghz
496 or whatever ram
windows xp sp2

also i had a look on the website and it says needs usb2 to work and it doesnt/cant work with usb1, i think the pc is usb1 how can i check this?

mmm thats what i thought its not working because its only usb 1 and because its 3g it needs the speed, what do you guys think

t-mobile dongles are terrible,worst coverage ive ever had that aside. You cant magically turn usb 1.1 into 2 with software,the only way your gona do it is buy a PCI card an stick it straight to the motherboard,its not as daunting as it sounds either. Can get them for less than £10 sometimes,which is a bargain nowadays.

ive just had a brain wave instead of using the crappy t mobile internet manager which i cannot get to install and work to connect to the internet i can use windows dial up connection

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=support&cat=USB_STICK_120&tab=2&id=GP72

also i know to install just the drivers for a piece of hardware you do it threw device mamanger but what about if you just want to install just the hardware ie the usb stick as it doesnt come up in device mamager does it??

It requires a USB 2.0 port. If your computer doesn't have them, you have to add them on through an add-in card. You didn't post any information about your system aside from processor speed, a RAM estimate, and an operating system, so I can't offer any more details.

it is usb 2 but im saying if you look at the link i dont need the internet stick to go on the internet i can just use dial up software from windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom