internet speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
ok so I've been toying around with this for a while, and its annoying me, so I need the help of our members on this one.

i ran speed test and am getting like 800kb/s

now how does that translate to actual download speeds from a website that doesn't have a restriction on download speeds? I'm going to withold my actual download speeds just so I can see what you guys think.

800kb/s is the total bandwidth of what you're pipeline is getting from your ISP. If you have DSL, that's great. If you have Cable... that's not so hot. That speed should be very close to what you should download at from a website that is unrestricted and has enough open bandwidth. I have a 15Meg/s service, but it's very hard to find places that allow you to use that... in fact, there isn't any site that allows you to use that much bandwidth.

It's all relative, I would say that your actual download speed at the fastest would be around 500k?

lol. i get 150 max download. and i am on dsl which is a shame...

but yeah, no matter how many computers are on the router it doesn't change...

well, lemme actually check that and just hook my computer up to the modem. see if that increases my speeds at all.

Could also be that the sppedtest site was under heavy usage. I have gotten results from there at 800KB/s then the very next test doen right after it i got 3mb/s. Which is close to my real speed.

Internet speeds depends heavily on the amount of use the servers are going thru at that particular time. Being a Saturday when people are on Spring Break and almost time to go back to school. Yeah the speeds are gonna be slower than if you came on at 4AM.

i'm used to getting around 800ish on speedtest.

and its a constant that i get 100-160 download speeds. that usually stays the same unless i'm on the internet downloading something on another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom