Internet Speed Suddenly Slow on Desktop Computer

Gunni

Baseband Member
So I go on my desktop computer today and what do you know, the internet is really slow. I do a speedtest on my laptop which is right next desktop, and it has regular internet speeds. However, my desktop is really struggling, at times I can't even load basic pages, let alone play games. It's a custom built PC and I'm using a Netcomm wireless adapter to get a wireless connection (I can't use wired).

What happened?!? Why is this randomly happening? Is my adapter broken? Do I need to update something?

Sorry if this in the wrong place.
If you need any more information to help me solve this problem then just ask.

Thanks,
~Gunni

This happened to me to as well, I swapped out that usb adapter with a PCI adapter and haven't had problems since. Have you tried switching USB ports or trying different adapters?

I've tried switching ports, but I'll try again in a minute. I don't have another adapter to try out, should I just go and buy another one? :(

I think I do have a PCI adapter connected at the moment, but I can not use wireless.

PCI = mounted in a PCI slot on the motherboard inside of the computer. If you have one you will have no doubt about it.

You could also try uninstalling the adapter and software and start over with it. Drivers can easily become corrupted.

PCI = mounted in a PCI slot on the motherboard inside of the computer. If you have one you will have no doubt about it.

You could also try uninstalling the adapter and software and start over with it. Drivers can easily become corrupted.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have one, but it only has a port for an ethernet cable, it can't connect wirelessly.

Okay I'll try re-installing the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom