Internet running slow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneakyy

Solid State Member
I have Comcast Cable.

I have had my computer for about 2-3 months and It seems that my Internet has slowd down In a number of ways. First my Homepage Comes up slow like it takes 15 seconds then it pops up and loads. NOw I have my video card installed wit my 1 gig of ram and power supply. (just got all those installed). Video card is a 6600gt 128 mb. And Before igot these installed In my Day of defeat server i had a ping of 20-50 now my ping in every server is 200+ all the time... I dont know what happend.

Somone help please.. It doesnt look like its lagging bad but theres some lag.

Did you install the video card drivers? (Dumb Question).

What are your anti spyware and Anti Virus programs. What broswer are you using? Whos your ISP? Do you have a router? How many running processes do you have?

I have comcast ,,

Virus Protection: Norton Anti Virus
Spyware: Adaware SE Personal
I have Internet Explorer
No Router: Right now Proceses 46

Wow. You will want to ditch norton for Avast or AVG, you will also want download these programs update and run them. youll Need to google them.

SpyBot Search And Destroy
CWShredder
Ewido Security Suit
SpywareBlaster (Not a Scanner)

After running all of those, download hijackthis, scan and save log, paste log file into a new thread in the hijackthis log section.

Like I said before you can ditch norton For either AVG of avast both free. Youll have to uninstall norton before you install the other one though.

As for a broswer, Use either Firefox or Opera instead of IE.

OK i searched for Avast on google foudn the site, Now before i Download do i have to Uninstall Norton?

Idont know how to Uninstall Norton it doesnt have an uninstall key or button, NVM i found hte AVG FREE VERSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom