Internet question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboAddiction

Beta member
Hey guys,

I have a bad problem and I am looking for ideas on what I should do.

I moved about two years ago and I had broadband for the longest time, now I am on 56k because no service providers will provide it in this area. I think it's quite dumb how everyone has said that because there is a neighborhood behind me that has it, down the main road I live on they also have broadband both ways. They don't consider us a neighborhood and there isn't any plans for them to bring it out here. It may in the future but I can't rely on that.

I've heard wireless internet is a little bit faster than 56k, but wanted to see what you guys think. I heard it's way too easy to get hacked into however, so if that's the case I'm not interested. However, I may plan to go this route for an in-car-pc that I plan to make later on.

I've thought about satelite internet as well, but I know it's not the best and well especially for the money it's just not worth it.

If you can clear anything up that would be great. I'm just starting to go crazy with the things I can't do without broadband. Also what do most people use for wireless, bluetooth?

Let me know. Until then, I will continue to bug the broadband companies.

- Devin

for starters you need an existing internet connection to have wireless internet. it's not standalone.

as far as im aware all you can do is either get satellite internet or just wait for them to install broadband

I know what wireless internet is, I used to have it on all my pcs and laptops.

Haha how do you think people with pcs in there car get wireless internet? You think they just run a cord from there car to there house? No.

You can set it up so that it can only reach to the front of your house, using the wireless router, card, yada yada. Or you can make it work anywhere you go with other solutions.

Bluetooth is a company where you can pay so much a month for it on your cellphone. You then have a plug in play on your pc for it to be able to be used on the internet.

"Bluetooth is a company where you can pay so much a month for it on your cellphone. You then have a plug in play on your pc for it to be able to be used on the internet."

OMG I nearly cried to hear this.

Bluetooth is a communication standard desaigned for interoperability between devices. Bluetooth can be used for wireless internet, but is not a company. Sure there are bluetooth providers out there but they are not bluetooth itself.

You are right however about the wireless router. Your only problem being requiring a broadband line in order to install a router nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom