internet problems using wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
about 5 months ago i finally got wirless for my four pc's, and they have been running the internet through the wireless router fine since then but yesterday i turned on one of my pc's and it can access the network but wont access the internet. Also all my other pcs load webpages slower than dialup, i have looked at all the settings i could think of that would cause it to stop working and theyre all how they should be. BUT i have just recently (1-1/2 months ago) started downloading using bittorrent, this isnt slowing them down directly because if i close the bittorrent client it doesnt change anything - However could my isp be purposely limiting my speed? any help on this would be appreciated, i dont think it is bittorrent that is cuasing the problems but i cant think of anything else.

p.s two pc's are running vista two (including the one that cant connect to the internet) are running xp.

What kind of router are you using?

I use Bit Torrent all the time so that's probably not the problem.

Are you using DSL or Cable or somthing else? If you are using DSL you have to configure the DSL "modem" to work with the router because by default they both act as the 192.168.1.1 gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom