Internet Problems after Reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
k so a clan buddy of mine reformatted his computer at his dad's house (kid is only 15). He went to install the drivers for his ethernet card (from dell driver disk) and he was getting all kinds of issues and still no internet.

Had him use his sisters mp3 player and her lappy to go to dell's website and take the driver from there and install it on his computer. the file installed successfully, but still no internet.

Tried using the internet setup wizard with no luck. It also says that the local area network cable is unplugged even though it is plugged in. He tried unplugging/replugging the cable with no luck. Even tried bypassing the router (linksys wrt54g)....

Myself, and the other guys in our clan are at a loss.

Any ideas? He will have internet tomorrow at his mom's and we are going to try and figure it out then.

Hello,

Did he try resetting the router and the modem?

Cheers,
Mak

Go to Control Panel, right click on the Network connection, in the General tab, look to see if TCP/IP protocol is installed and checkmarked. A default Windows installation enables this automatically, but just check anyway. Just a thought.

he got it fixed...he went to reinstall the drivers again and I guess there was a box that he thought was unimportant so he left it unchecked.

Little did he know that it was asking to install a vital part of the driver...lol

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom