Internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

meat_helmet

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, well i havent been on much lately and its mainly been because my internet has been awful. I have an ADSL 2+ connection which normally connects at around 19,500kbps.

About a month ago it started having problems, dropping out intermittantly. Over a couple of weeks it became worse and worse, so bad that you could only get on for a couple of seconds. I bought a new Linksys modem/router and made sure it was set up properly, and nothing changed. I bought new filters for the phones and there was no change.

It became so bad that it ended up it wasnt working at all. It seemed that i could ping my DSL gateway, but no DSL addresses... Then after numerous phone calls between out provider and telephone company we decided to change it over to our other line as it seemed the last possible problem.

Its much better now, and im getting >1.5MB/s when testing with things like speedtest. The problem now is that video is really, really slow.

Any time I watch any video site it constantly has to buffer. Before all this I hardly ever had problems watch HD from most sites. Now even Youtube is stupidly slow...

Im not that knowlegable when it comes to network type things, but it seems strange i would have a good d/l speed but am not seeing it in streaming video. Can anyone shed any light on this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom