Internet Privacy :O !?

Bitcrusher

Solid State Member
Ok to put it straight what are the options for internet privacy?
This is my current setup, situation.

I have.
TP-Link TD-8817 ADSL 2+ Modem Router
TP-Link TL-WDR4300 N750 Wireless Dualband Gigabit Router
TP-Link TL-SG1016D 16-port Gigabit Desktop Switch

Modem set to bridge mode.
Router connects to it via PPPoE.
router connects to switch or wireless devices.

We have about 5 Desktops all hard wired and sometimes more connected.
wireless devices wouldn't be able to put a number on it.

Looking for something to cover the whole network?
Is there a possible VPN i can setup in between router and switch or even on the router it self?

Regards
Bitcrusher

Get a dedicated hardware firewall (or build one using pfSense).
As for the VPN, some routers allow you to setup VPN connectability on the router itself - you'd have to look in your router's settings to see if that option is available (I know it is on my Asus RT-N66u).

I cant find the option in my router to do so. will have a better look later when i am back from work.
My other option is i may attempt to install and run DD-WRT firmware on my router.

Get a dedicated hardware firewall (or build one using pfSense).
As for the VPN, some routers allow you to setup VPN connectability on the router itself - you'd have to look in your router's settings to see if that option is available (I know it is on my Asus RT-N66u).

I cant find the option in my router to do so. will have a better look later when i am back from work.
My other option is i may attempt to install and run DD-WRT firmware on my router.

Not all routers have the option in the stock firmware.

I definitely recommend DD-WRT if your router is compatible - I've ran it on all my routers (except my RT-N66U which is running an Asus-customized version called AsusWRT).

Back
Top Bottom