Internet not connecting-please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRYT7

Solid State Member
Hello, I hooked up my new computer a few weeks ago and I'm having trouble with my Internet. First of all, in the Start panel, the IExplorer icon isn't there, it seems as if it can't find the icon. Second, when I play Battlefield 2 and try to connect to the Internet, it tells me to check my network settings because it can't get on the Internet. So I went to Start>Control Panel>Network Connections, and there's nothing there but I have my ethernet cable hooked up from my computer to my modem to the phone line which is where the Internet comes from. What's wrong? Thanks in advance for advice :)

Go into device manager and see of your card is installed properly and with correct drivers. Is this a new out-of-the-box computer or new to you? Running Vista? XP?

to fix your IE problem, right click on the taskbar. then click properties, then click the start menu tab, next click customize, on the bottom of the window select the check box where it says internet, choose your default brower.

next open up IE and click tools, then internet option, click the security tab, set all zones to there default levels. next click the advanced tab, reset that to its defaults. then click the general tab clear your temporary files out, cookies, and offline files.

see if that helps you... :)

How do I get to device manager? This is a computer in which I bought the components off of Newegg and put it all together and installed Windows XP Media Center Edition. When it asked me for disc 2, I put it in but I don't think it recognized it so I clicked cancel to loading disc 2 and it finished loading somehow. Now in the start menu, the icon for Internet Explorer is not the blue e, it's a dog eared piece of paper with a miniature window on it with a couple icons that I can't read inside of that. ECTech, I tried all that you said but IExplorer still didn't work.

When I click on the IExplorer icon in the start menu, it pulls up a window that says "Open with" at the top and it gives me a few programs to open it with: Wordpad, Media Center, and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I think this problem may have something to do with me not installing the 2nd disc when loading windows. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom