Internet, no more? NETGEAR ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
NETGEAR support have left me hanging on this one...

I've enjoyed using my netgear router for a year on XP pro, no problems (but it was no easy task in setting it up)

I upgrade to Vista last week and I have internet straight away PHEW I thought!

Turns out I hate Vista and I went back to XP (format drives, reinstall), but now I can't connect to internet and now NETGEAR modem fails set up!

NETGEAR guys tell me to send them the results from ipconfig command

results:

NOTHING but "Windows IP Configuation"

Okay so Modem is working 100%, Internet access on Vista 100% and now internet access on a computer that was able to work now doesn't :(

Haven't heard anything from them since! Anyone got a clue what's up with my IP config?

how are you running the ipconfig command? you should open a command prompt andy type ipconfig /all and then press enter. It should give you all of your ip info with gateway and dns info as well.

is it saying no adapter? Have you installed your nic drivivers since the xp reinstall? Can you ping the router?

is it saying no adapter? Have you installed your nic drivivers since the xp reinstall? Can you ping the router?

Nothing but the text "Windows IP Configuation"

nic drivers? No what are they?

How do I ping the router? The router is providing internet access but just to my other computer

nic drivers are you ethernet card drivers. You can go to the other computer and do the ipconfig command to get the default gateway ip. usually 192.168.1.1 then on your commputer open up a command prompt and type ping 192.168.1.1 or whatever your routers address actually is and press enter. this will tell you if you can talk to the router. Do you have a light on where you plug in the cat 5 cable to your computer?

ping result: "Destination Host Unreachable"

I don't have a ethernet card (it's plugged in my LAN port) but both lights on my mobo & router are lit up.

Do I need drivers for my ABIT mobo to use my LAN ports/ethernet cables?

yes you can get the drivers from the abit website or from your driver disk that came with your mb. Do you have a network adapter showing up in your device manager? Sounds like you did not intall the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom