Internet Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
I am having some major internet problems... all the sudden my ping goes to 500+ in my games, at first i thought it was a lagg spike. Then i got on internet explorer and its SUPER slow. I use a speed tester and it says i have a 50mbit connection when i usually have 100mbps. So i look at my zone alarm icon and it says that my internet connection is being used, meaning one of the programs on my comp is hogging my internet bandwidth

Now i need a program that will tell me which program is doing this

Or as i call it, an "Internet Monitor" :p

Btw: it could possibly be my connection, considering that cebridge (my internet company) really sucks

I'm not completely familiar with the interface of Zone Alarm as I do not use it at the moment.

But, I believe you should be able to do this through ZA. There should be an option to view which programs have active connections. Even so far down to view every connection to and from your PC to the network/internet.

Things that happen and then go away could be cause by software that is updating itself and using your Internet connection like windows update or your Anti-Virus stuff. Another thing to blame is your ISP. Also cable connection can cause problems if it's split too many times. I have seen this a lot of time at people's house when they lose Internet connection and the ISP said the line is fine.

You can provide us with more detail like how youÂ’re connected to the Internet, what router are you using. Behind a router usually mean updating the firmware or setting some feature that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom