Internet "limited or no connectivity"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus GriimE

Baseband Member
Hi, i recently brought a new Dlink router and ive set it up, this laptop aswel as my brothers both get internet access fine however my computer connects to the router but i dont have any internet access, ive tried to disable the norton firewall but that still makes no difference, when i run the diagnostics i get the result "The DNS server isn't responding". Thanks in advance, Griime.

You do not want to run in DNS. I would doubt you are on a DNS.

Go into your ethernet adapter settings, and look in IPv4 and IPv6. Set everything to automatic.

It is and was set automatic, btw the part about the dns not responding is what i get when i do a troubleshoot.

Oh, sorry. I wasn't awake. My fault for posting when i just woke up. :sleep:

I take it this is on a wireless card? Are you using the correct security? WPA, WPA2?

If on cable, can you log in to the router? Did you try the cable in another computer? Could jus be a bad cable. Could also be your ethernet card/onboard that is bad.

Im using WPA2, the pass is definitely right and yes its a wireless connection, i have 2 other laptops on this connection working fine, the strange part is, is that i started having these issues when i set up my new dlink router, ive since tried using my old netgear however i still get the same issues

Go into Safe Mode and Uninstall the Wireless Device, don't disable it just uninstall it. Then restart the PC and let Windows find the Device and set it backup again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Tried uninstalling the device, no luck. and MoM im not quite sure what you mean?

Ive also recently finished a 2 hour long phone call with my ISP(virgin) and he said i need to get a wired connection and see if i can connect then, if so he said to get the latest drivers through windows update as thinks that is the problem. only issue there is, is that it would be a right hassle getting a wired connection to my desktop which is why im asking here cus tbh i trust you more then virgin!

If there is a newer driver you should be able to download it from any PC, Windows Update isn't required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom