Internet keeps failing every 5 minutes! arrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
I have dsl, along with 2 routers. My dsl modem is connected to my netgear router, which i have a ethernet cord going to my computer. I also have a cord going up to the 2nd story attic, where it connects to my access point router, a buffalo running dd-wrt firmware. About every 5-6 minutes, my internet stops working, and i have to go to my control panel-network connections and press "repair". Then it works perfectly after that. whats happening! its ****ing me off, and i cant play counter strike!

Is the wired host experiencing this trouble, or is it only the wireless host(s)? Also, on this wireless host, how far is it from the access point, and what is the signal strength?

the ap is wired to my main router (netgear) so im getting excellent wireless signal, since its coming from 2 places. I'll see tomorrow if the wireless is doing the same, i think it has something to do with the ip's because that step in the tutorial i was reading didnt make any sense

you're ISP probably needs to come out and boost your signal with an amplifier i had my own isp come and boost mine just a couple of days ago most ISP's will come out and do it for free

My router was acting goofy recently, dropping internet excessively. I reset it using the button on the back (Linksys) and things seem to be working better now. Might try that if you haven't?

If DHCP is enabled on both routers than they will both fight over giving out IP's, which in turn will bring down your network. You need to disable DHCP on one of the routers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom