Internet Keeps Cutting Out Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makala

Solid State Member
okay i have broadband and i have a problem it started a long time ago but somehow went away and now its back, right so my internet connection cuts out on me, it could cut out like 5 min in or an hour in doesnt matter but after that when im like on MSN it cuts out every minute or less, saying that a network cabel is unplugged but i dont think it is, and then it will reconnect for like a min and cut out but when im on internet explorer it cuts out maybe twice then its okay. I have a firewall but its turned off now cuz i thought maybe that was my problem. but its not i dont think. i have microsoft antispyware beta one and people said that might be the problem but i dunno, on msn when i go to tools>options>connections, it says im not connected to NET. messenger but you are connected to the internet, however i can get my emails from hotmail.com so my NET. passport is still okay, right? please please please help, cuz im on the verge of starting from scratch! :confused:

i have a router, and its a wired connection. could it be the router? should i like try unplugging it and see if it works without it, or wut, cuz i havent done anything with the router yet.

Makala said:
i have a router, and its a wired connection. could it be the router? should i like try unplugging it and see if it works without it, or wut, cuz i havent done anything with the router yet.

Thats exactly what I would do.

Unplug the router have the modem go right to PC, make sure you turn on a firewall. If not problem occurs after this, then the touter may be bad, or it needs to be reset. See if there isn't a reset button on it or refer to the manual.

kay i turned off my comp and unplugged the router, when i turned my comp back on everything seemed okay...the internet isnt cutting out anymore! so my problem was the router than right?

Make sure you have a firewall up, and good Anti Virus and SPyware programs, cause without a router your alot more open especially if you still use IE.

right...i have a firewall and i have norton so i should be good hopefully eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom