Internet keeps cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doire

Solid State Member
Freinds internet connection keeps cutting out.
What could be the possible causes?

Virus?
Drivers?
Default connection not set?
Modem? - how do i check if the modem is faulty?????????????

Any other reasons why it might be happening?

Thanks for any help. :)

By cutting out i mean that some guy said he had fixed the problem...when he went home my friend was on the net ok. However when he switches off the computer and tries to get on the net the next day....the inernet connection has gone again.

They have called this guy out a few times and its happened everytime.

Need more info dude, What errors if any, How do you connect to the internet? DSL, Dial-up, cable modem, If it works until you turn your PC off then it's losing its settings in software.

I have been having a similar problem, i connect to the net using dial-up and it all happens at random( could be in the first 10mins or could last 1 hour).

All of a sudden i try to access a new page and get an error saying "page can not be found." i check the taskbar and the internet icon is still there, i pick up my phone and i get a dial tone.

I have to manually disconnect my computer from the net and dial again to re-connect. I have rung my ISP's customer service number and all they could say was my password was corrupted, they gave me a new password but i am still having the problem.

Drworm2005.

As of yet i havent got many details mate. So it could be a software problem? Should i uninstall IE and then reinstall it???

Thanks for the help :)

Hey drworm...get your own thread!!!! :D only joking!

can anyone help? what are the possible causes that i could attempt to fix?

Turn off the computer. Pull out the cable from the back. Turn the computer on, wait for it to fully boot-up, and once it's idle, stick the cable back in.

As simple as that eh? I will give it a try. However the next day will all be well when he turns his PC and internet back on again?

Sorry :( , just explaining it could be a problem from the ISP's end, maybe give them a call see what they say. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom