internet just drops off

Status
Not open for further replies.

afplayboy18

Solid State Member
about a month ago i started having problems with my internet access(comcast cable with their modem).

i called them, explained the problem, and ended up getting their newest modem...didnt fix anything.

then they send a technician...didnt fix anything.

problem is that i'll be online and it'll just drop off...cant restart modem or anything...gotta restart whole computer.

modem is connected through a usb cable but will only work in 1 slot...the other 3 slots say that it doesnt recognize the usb connection. cant connect it through my NIC because it doesnt recognize that either, no matter how many times i uninstall and install the drivers...

its driving me crazy, i restart, get on, and within 15 minutes it drops off again.

any suggestions at all would help im sure so fire away.

It doesn't sound like an issue with their network or modem... The trouble would seem to be your PC. Is the modem USB ONLY, or can you use RJ-45 at all?

make sure that you are using the correct driver set, and the most recent. Have you updated the USB drivers for you PC?

Also is this a laptop or desktop? What kind of power scheme are you running?

i can use either usb or rj-45 but it doesnt recognize the rj-45 connection...guess i gotta get another NIC and try that out but it should be working with the usb.

i d/l the latest drivers that i could find...

its my desktop...not sure what you mean by power scheme...its a dell 4550.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom