Internet Issue with VIOS service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Baseband Member
Have a modem with verizon for VIOS. Everything was fine for the last 3 months, then all of a sudden the computer can't get the modem to recognize the IP address. I can release the IP but not renew it for some reason. Also, it says when it runs a diagnosis on the service that the network adaptor is not recognized. The network adaptor is working fine according to my computer. What would cause this ?

Verizon VIOS is the business class of Verizon FIOS.... is this on a multi-user network, and can you describe the topology of the network? Is there more than 1 host having the issue? Also, does the modem have an integrated router? Is the problem with your host getting an IP address from the modem/router, or with getting an IP address from the ISP? Are you doing NAT?

Ummm, wow, well here goes.

I guess it must be FIOS, not VIOS, it's for a home network. My brother in laws pcs connect just fine but mine does not anymore. The IP address will not renew in msdos when i do a release/renew command. My brothers two pcs connect wirelessly and mine is a direct ethernet wire to the modem.

Ok, what kind of a modem/router are you using? Are there enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool for all of the hosts on the network? Have you tried using a different cable, or different NIC in the PC, or different port on the router?

when you are plugged in, do you get activity lights on the ports at both ends of the cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom